If you are on a weight loss diet, it is likely you have used or heard of fat burners. However, when it comes to taking fat burners in the form of pills or powders, the first question that always comes to mind; is it safe to take fat burners? In our quest to know more about these supplements including possible benefits and help you determine what a fat burner can, or can’t do for you, we have put together this post.
Fat burners are popular with fitness enthusiasts and in general, people who are on various types of diets. Fat burners are marketed and seen by some as super pills that can melt off fat like magic.
Fat burners can definitely have a role in fat loss, but even though they’re designed to really give you an extra boost and help burn fat, they can’t replace a solid diet and exercise plan. It is important to understand that there is no magic happening unless you put in the effort toward your goals.
Fat burners supplements are designed with specific ingredients. These ingredients are responsible for giving your body an extra boost to help you burn fat faster. However, fat burner supplements are not replacing a solid exercise and diet plan but should be used in conjunction with one.
This type of supplement is more of a nutritional supplement that can improve the ability of the body to burn fat effectively. Most of the fat burner supplements available on the market are known to increase the body’s core temperature and energy expenditure and improve fat oxidation. There are many types of fat burners available and as with any other supplement, you need to do your research and find the most suitable formula for long term, sustainable and safe weight loss.
What Do Fat Burners Do?
The primary role of a fat burner is to assist in the process of weight loss while supporting your nutritional requirements at the same time. They can help to target fat cells more efficiently and as a result burn fat faster. As per the journal of Obesity Reviews, fat burners are defined as nutritional supplements that can help in acutely increasing energy expenditure or fat metabolism while impairing fat absorption, increasing weight loss and fat oxidation as you exercise, and in some way lead to long-term adaptations of the body promoting effective fat metabolism.
Some of the primary ingredients that are used in fat burning supplements are designed to stimulate the process of hormonal reactions in the body. As such, these hormonal processes lead to the breakdown of fat which is used as a fuel source for the body. In most of the fat burners available, the main ingredient is caffeine. Caffeine can help in losing weight effectively as it increases overall metabolism while helping the body to make use of the existing fat as a source of fuel for energy production.
Although you know what fat burner supplements can do for your body, one thing that are not capable of doing is; fixing a broken diet. Only when you are eating healthy and targeting fat loss, the fat burner can help by boosting energy and even increase your body’s metabolism.
Do Fat Burners Work?
Whether you are taking fat burners for men or fat burners for women, an important question is; do fat burners really work? While most of you have some reservations when it comes to possible side effects of fat burners, you can still receive benefits out of these supplements by setting up reasonable expectations and following the recommended dosage. Some people believe that if they start taking fat burners, their body fat will start melting away week by week. Unfortunately this is far from the truth and you will be very disappointed if this is your fat loss plan.
To make the most out of your fat burner, here are some tips:
- Be Reasonable: While you can enhance your weight loss goals with the help of supplements, you should not expect to shed as much as 10 pounds every week when you are using a fat burner. As per the experts, the safe rate of weight loss when using any fat burner is around 1-3 pounds weekly for healthy individuals. Aim at setting your weight loss goal from one week to another and then advancing to months.
- Maintain a Proper Cycle: Most of the people tend to stay on a typical fat burner routine for around 4-6 weeks. Once your body gets used to the supplement, you will observe that the overall rate of fat oxidation and metabolic rate are not the same as when you first started. So, you should stop taking the supplement for a few days or even weeks to prepare your body for a new supplementation cycle.
- Maintain a Low Dose: Fat burner supplements are known to provide your body with a formula of ingredients specific to targeting and supporting fat loss. However, this does not imply that the more you take the better results you will have. It is always recommended to start off with a low dose of the supplement and test your body’s tolerance to the ingredients. Continue this dose for at least two weeks to see what results your fat burner can produce at low doses. Do not exceed the maximum recommended dose as this can lead to side-effects such as; heart palpitations, changes on sleep patterns and headaches.
Lets check out the most popular fat burners found on Amazon
Jacked Factory, Burn-XT Thermogenic Fat Burner
This is a very popular thermogenic fat burner with many satisfied customers and reviews on Amazon. Made with natural ingredients, no fillers, preservatives or food dyes. This is the fat burner to try if you are looking to enhance your diet days with a clean surge of energy, enhanced focus, and appetite control. This is a thermogenic fat burner suitable for men and women. Each capsule contains an effective dose of the most powerful thermogenic fat-burning ingredients available. BURN-XT is manufactured in a state of the art cGMP manufacturing facility in the USA adhering to the most stringent manufacturing standards. Start at low dose for the first two weeks to test your tolerance as some users reported nausea.
Nobi Nutrition, Premium Fat Burner for Women
This product is listed as Amazon’s choice with many positive reviews. A well balanced fat burner formulated for women. This premium fat burner, BHB carb blocker supplement is designed to help women increase their metabolism and burn fat as fuel. Formulated in the USA in an FDA approved facility that is GMP certified. Nobi Nutrition are so confident that you will love this product that they back it up with satisfaction assurance and a promise, if you are not happy with this fat burner they will make things right for you, the consumer.
Nutratech, Atrafen Elite Thermogenic Fat Burner
Atrafen Elite is a diet supplement that is formulated specifically for athletes that can handle the powerful metabolic stimulants and need fast weight loss. Also for those that have not had luck with other diet supplements. Atrafen Elite diet pills can take your weight loss to the next level, while suppressing cravings and ramping up your metabolism. Nutratech understand that supplements have a different effect on different people, so if you are not satisfied with this product for any reason, you can return it for a full refund within 30 days after purchase.
Evlution Nutrition, Stimulant-Free Weight Loss Support
Lean Mode is a stimulant-free fat burner that can be used by the casual gym-goer to the professional athlete – and everyone in between. Lean Mode is a stimulant free fat burner that gives you the ability to burn fat, increase your energy levels, improve your mood, control your appetite, and boost your metabolism without any jitters, crashes, rapid heartbeat, irritability, or sleeplessness. Follow recommended dose and I suggest to take with food as there are reports of users felling nausea when taken on empty stomach.
Are Fat Burners Safe?
When planning to start using fat burner pills or powders, the chances are that you will be concerned about any possible side effects this can have for you. As long as you are following a reasonable approach when it comes to taking fat burners for weight loss, there are no potential side effects to be experienced.
Some of the top rules you should follow when taking a fat burner pill or powder are:
- Do Not Diet Forever: If you wish to lose weight, there is no requirement to be on a strict diet for the rest of your life. When you are serious about your weight loss goals, the experts recommend that you should diet only for around 10-14 weeks. This will provide your body ample time to adjust to your diet, ensuring the best outcome.
- Maintain Your Calorie Levels: When you are in any diet, it is recommended to limit your calorie intake. However, a decent weight loss goal is considered to be one that allows you to consume the desired amount of calories while losing some weight at the same time. In short, don’t starve yourself.
- Take Stimulants Carefully: When you are addicted to your morning coffee, it is important to be careful with extra stimulants from your fat burner. Therefore, when you are buying a fat burner for yourself, chose one that matches your unique needs, stimulant free fat burners are very popular and work as well as fat burners containing stimulants.
What Makes the Best Fat Burners?
While shopping for fat burning supplements, you will come across two types – the one with stimulants, and stimulant-free fat burners. Some of the top ingredients that you can find in most of the fat burners out there are:
- Green Tea: Green tea extracts are known for their properties to stimulate thermogenic fat-burning activity in the body. A recent study that was published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, explains that fat burners for men and women, using green tea (catechins) as the main ingredient, help in reducing the total body fat, skinfold thickness, waist circumference, and subcutaneous body fat.
- Caffeine: It is a potential appetite suppressant and is a perfect option for those who are looking forward to ending cravings. Caffeine, in fact, is one of the leading ingredients in most of the fat burner supplements out there.
- CLA: Standing for Conjugated linoleic acid, CLA occurs naturally as fatty acid and is quite similar to the Omega-6 fatty acid. Even though being a fat, several studies have revealed that when you consume around 1.4-3.0 grams of CLA every day, it can aid overall fat loss.
- L-Carnitine: It is a leading stimulant-free amino acid that has been well known and used by athletes all around the world for decades. When you take L-Carnitine at least once or twice in a day, it can help in converting the stored body fat into energy.
- Garcinia cambogia: It is a famous fat burner fruitas it appears as an acidic, caffeine-free fruit extract ingredient in fat burning supplements. It helps in controlling overall appetite and cravings.
- Yohimbine: Made out of the Yohimbe tree’s bark, this is a popular stimulant in some stimulant-based fat burners.
If you are on a weight loss plan, you can boost the results by making use of the best fat burners on the market. Make sure that you have researched and understood the ingredients in the given supplement and always try select one from a well-known brand. In addition to using fat burners, you should also focus on your overall diet, nutrition, and exercise regularly to achieve the best results for your body.