Healthy grocery shopping is something we all have to do, even though choosing the right foods can be very hard.
To assist you with your healthy grocery shopping, the tips below can indeed help make things easier than ever before:
1. Never go grocery shopping on an empty stomach.
2. Select canned fruits and tuna that are packed in water, not oil or syrup.
Related article: Making Healthy Food Choices
3. Look at the labels for the words “hydrogenated” or “partially hydrogenated”. The earlier you see
them appear on the list, the higher the amount of unhealthy trans fatty acids the food will contain.
4. Don’t buy turkey with the skin on it, and if you plan to buy chicken – buy a chicken breast meal.
5. When you select frozen dinners, select those that are not only low in fat, but low in sodium
and cholesterol as well.
6. If you aren’t consuming enough dairy products, go with calcium fortified orange juice instead.
7. Go for whole grain breads, cereals, and rolls.
8. Give cantaloupe a try. With just 95 calories, half of the melon will provide more than a day’s supply of Vitamin C and beta carotene.
Related article: Becoming A Healthy Eater
9. Don’t be tricked into buying yogurt covered by nuts or raisins, as the coating is normally made of sugar and partially hydrogenated oils.
10. Get some of the low fat treats, such as pretzels, ginger snaps, and angel food cake.
By following the above tips when you do your grocery shopping, you’ll avoid the bad foods and get those that you need to keep you healthy. There are many different healthy foods at the grocery store, all it takes is the will power to go past the bad foods and on to the good ones.
SEE ALSO: Natural Health Source Website – Health Supplements